In an effort to assist our residents with the Business License Tax Amnesty Program, we have extended the Business Tax Amnesty period from December 31, 2017 to March 1, 2018. In October, the City sent out a letter requesting residents contact the City regarding possible business ownership or business activity in the City. If you received this letter and still have questions or concerns please see our streamlined process below.
The streamlined process is as follows:• If you believe you do not need a business license:
- Submit Exemption Form by mail or electronically. The City will accept this form as your exemption and will only contact you if additional information is required (you are not required to provide any supporting documents initially).
• If you believe you do need a business license:
- Please complete the Business License application form;
- Submit the form through the mail or email addresses above and staff will follow up to take payment over the phone; or,
- Come in to the Finance Counter on the first floor of City Hall to submit the form and make payment in person; City Hall is open from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, and we have extended hours to 7pm on Mondays until January 29, 2017 (excluding December 25, 2017 and January 1, 2018.)
• If you are not sure if you need a business license:
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions below;
- Email us at BUSINESSLICENSE@SOUTHPASADENACA.GOV or Call us at (626) 403-7257 OR (626) 403-7259
If the City determines you are conducting business after the Amnesty period has closed, you will be required to pay any fees owed and additional late fees. We are always looking for better ways to serve our community and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process.