South Paws-adena Dog Park Rules (SPMC 21B)
- Owners must be in attendance at all times within the dog park while their dogs are present. Dogs must never be left unattended.
- Owners must be in the park, within view of, and be able to maintain voice and/or physical control of their dog(s).
- All dogs must be maintained on a leash while entering and exiting the designated off-leash area.
- Owners must have a visible leash at all times.
- Owners are required to immediately pick up and dispose of their dog’s waste in the provided waste receptacles.
- Owners are personally liable for any damage and/or injury caused by their dogs.
- Owners must deter their dog(s) from digging any holes.
- No aggressive dog behavior is allowed at any time such as growling, snarling, snapping, lunging, biting, humping, or hysterical barking.
- Vicious dogs are not permitted.
- No animals other than dogs are permitted in the dog park.
- No more than 3 dogs per owner are permitted.
- No female dogs in heat are allowed in off-leash areas.
- No person shall enter the dog park other than during hours of operation.
- No food of any kind is allowed in the dog park.
- All dogs must wear a collar with a valid license tag.
- Puppies under 4 months of age are not permitted in the dog park.
- Professional dog trainers/handlers are not permitted to use the facility for instruction unless authorized by the Community Services Department.
- Children 14 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times. Parents and/or guardian of children shall not be permitted to run, shout, scream, or wave their arms or otherwise excite or antagonize dogs.
- Any person or canine using the dog park must do so at their own risk. Pursuant to Government Code Section 831.7.5 the city is immune from liability for an injury or death of a person or a pet resulting from the actions of a dog in the dog park.
- Owners must ensure that the dog park gates are closed and latched upon entering or exiting the area.
- Smoking and alcohol are prohibited within the dog park.
- The City reserves the right to refuse patron access.
- The off-leash area is subject to closure without notice for maintenance.