Welcome to the City of South Pasadena Film Page.
Joan Aguado, Film Liaison
1414 Mission Street
South Pasadena, CA 91030
Phone: (626) 403-7263
Fax: (626) 403-7251
Email: Film Liaison
On June 12, 2020, the County of Los Angeles re-opened film productions with a specific health order that must be followed by all production crews county-wide. Effective, July 13, 2020, South Pasadena will begin accepting film permit applications in compliance with the Temporary Filming Protocols to protect its residents.
For more information regarding the County's order please visit the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Website here.
The City of South Pasadena welcomes any business or individual that wishes to engage in commercial filming activity on public or private property within the City. In addition, college students and non-profit organizations require film permits but may qualify for reduced or waived fees.
Specifically, the film office:
- Coordinates all filming activity in the City.
- Acts as liaison between production companies and residents or business owners, as well as with internal departments such as police, fire, and public works
- Issues and monitors film permits
- Maintains a location library and list of film-friendly locations
- Works with film companies and residents to mitigate impact during a film shoot