((Elevation facing El Centro Street)
845 El Centro Street/ 832 Orange Grove Place
The proposed Project would involve the demolition of an existing office building and parking lot and construction of a new mixed-use project consisting of residential, retail, and restaurant uses on a 1.61-acre site. The Project site is located at 845 El Centro Street/832 Orange Grove Place, with a common reference of 899 El Centro Street (Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 5315-019-048, 5315-019-045, and 5315-019-046). The Project consists of the following applications:
- Conditional Use Permit for the development of a mixed-use project consisting of 57 residential units, approximately 6,100 square feet of commercial retail space for restaurant (3,500 square feet) and retail uses (3,500 square feet), and two levels of underground parking on a 1.61-acre site with bonus parking and height; and
- Design Review Permit for the proposed mixed-use development with bonus parking and height; and
- Tentative Tract Map No. 82394 to consolidate three existing parcels into one land parcel with 57 residential condominium airspace parcels and five (5) commercial airspace parcels to allow individual ownership of the residential and commercial units; and
- Tree Removal Permit for the removal of 20 trees.
The proposed project would combine the three parcels into a single 70,116 square-foot parcel, retaining the existing split of zoning (MSSP and RM), referenced as Zone 1: MSSP and Zone 2: RM; refer to Exhibit 2-4, Conceptual Site Plan in the Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration.
Within Zone 1, the project proposes a 79,860 square-foot structure with 57 residential units and 6,100 square-feet of multi-tenant commercial retail uses. The commercial uses would be located on the ground level fronting El Centro Street and are anticipated to be a mixture of restaurant and retail uses. The residential uses would be comprised of studios, lofts, flats, and townhomes within a maximum of three stories. The mixed-use development would be at a maximum height of 45 feet and the townhomes would be a maximum of 35 feet. On-site amenities, including a lobby, gym and community rooms would be located within the ground floor of the mixed-use structure.
Within Zone 2, the project proposes three, two-story bungalow cottages with two to four bedrooms and a maximum height of 30 feet.
The proposed Seven Patios project site is located along the south side of El Centro Street, immediately west of the Metro Gold Line right-of-way and north of Orange Grove Place in the City of South Pasadena. The site is more specifically located at 845 El Centro Street/832 Orange Grove Place, with a common reference of 899 El Centro Street.
A Draft Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/MND) has been prepared for the Seven Patios Mixed Use Residential/Commercial Retail Project, Project No. 2171-CUP/DRX/TTM/TRP, pursuant to the California Public Resources Code and the California Environmental Quality Act Guidelines (CEQA Guidelines).
In accordance with CEQA, the City has determined that the proposed Project has the potential to result in significant environmental impacts, which can be mitigated to less-than-significant levels; and therefore, an IS/MND was prepared. Project construction could potentially expose nearby receptors to excessive noise, and could have impacts on significant tribal cultural resources; however, mitigation measures were identified in the Draft IS/MND that would reduce these impacts to less-than-significant levels.
Public Comment Period: The Draft IS/MND and its technical studies is available for a 30-day public review from Tuesday, June 30, 2020, through Wednesday, July 29, 2020. Any written comments (via email or letter) must be submitted no later than 6:00 p.m. on July 29, 2020. Written comments may be mailed or emailed to:
City of South Pasadena
Attention: Kanika Kith, Planning Manager
1414 Mission Street
South Pasadena, CA 91030
Reviewing Locations: The Draft IS/MND is available for review at the link below. A printed copy of the Draft IS/MND is available for review by appointment only during regular business hours at South Pasadena City Hall; or by check-out/pick-up only from the South Pasadena Public Library. Addresses and regular business hours for these locations are as follows:
- South Pasadena City Hall: 1414 Mission Street, South Pasadena, CA 91030; Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (by appointment only; please call 626-403-7223 to schedule an appointment)
- South Pasadena Public Library: 1100 Oxley Street, South Pasadena, CA 91030; Monday – Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and Friday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (by check-out/pick-up only; please call 626-403-7350)
If you have any questions regarding this project, please contact Planning Manager, Kanika Kith, at (626) 403- 7227; or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Public Hearing: The Draft IS/MND is tentatively scheduled for Planning Commission review and adoption at the regular Planning Commission meeting of August 11, 2020. The meeting will start at 6:30 p.m. and will be hosted remotely via video conference. The meeting will be broadcast live on the local cable channel and on the City's website, and a recording of the meeting will be available within 48 hours of adjournment.
| Notice of
| Notice of
DRAFT MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION including the following appendices:
B. Tree Inventory
C. Geotechnical Study
D. Phase I-Env. Site Assessment
E. Acoustical Assessment
F. Traffic Impact Analysis