Crime Prevention Unit
The Crime Prevention Unit is the community outreach program to educate ways to prevent crime from happening through literature, public speaking, station tours and events.
Getting involved with your community and knowing your neighbors is an effective way to help prevent crime. Knowing what is suspicious and calling the police on any suspicious activity is critical.
Knowing your neighbor is not just for crime prevention, but also for any natural disaster. You know which neighbor may need assistance, i.e., elderly, physically handicapped, etc. The Crime Prevention Unit has a variety of programs in which to teach people of all ages. All the programs are a FREE service to the community. Contact the Crime Prevention Unit for information on any of the following programs:
- Neighborhood Watch Program - The core of the crime prevention programs, and one of the most powerful and successful tools we have.
- Business Watch Program - Similar to Neighborhood Watch, except that it is directed towards businesses. Businesses look out for each other and report suspicious activity.
- Home and Business Security Inspections - The Crime Prevention Officer will walk through your home or business and offer suggestions on ways to better secure your home or business.
- Community Opportunity for Property Security (COPS) - This is more commonly known as Operation Identification. We loan you an electronic engraver for FREE to mark your property. The electric engravers were graciously donated by the South Pasadena Masonic Lodge Number 290.
- Crime Prevention Brochures - The Crime Prevention Unit offers crime prevention brochures on various crimes.
Please contact the Crime Prevention Unit on any of the above programs. The Crime Prevention Unit.