Public Works Maintenance Department is responsible for:
The PARKS DIVISION of the Public Works Department maintains the City’s parks, playgrounds and medians in a safe and aesthetically pleasing manner. It also maintains and prunes trees in the public right-of-way and abates graffiti.
- Garfield Park • War Memorial Park
- Eddie Park • Arroyo Seco Park
- Orange Grove Park • Library Park
The FACILITIES MAINTENANCE DIVISION is responsible for providing routine maintenance, repairs, and minor modifications of all City buildings. They are also responsible for maintaining City-owned street lights and traffic signals.
The STREET AND SEWER DIVISION are responsible for overseeing, maintaining and repairing streets, sidewalks and sewers.
Did you know? Homeowners are required to maintain the lateral from their home, to the main sewer line, typically located in the street, or nearby easement. Maintaining the lateral includes keeping the lateral line flowing and free of debris such as roots, or grease.
Here are some helpful tips to minimize sewer problems :
1. Maintain your lateral through proper cleaning, repair, and replacement.
2. Do not place improper items into the sewer or make improper connections to the sewer.
• Do not pour fats, oils, and grease in your drains as these products harden and stick to the inside of the sewer pipes, which build up and may eventually cause a blockage in the sewer pipe.
3. Install a backflow preventer and cleanout in your sewer lateral.
Taking these simple steps can help keep the flow going, and prevent costly overflows and damage.
For more information, KEEP ROOTS OUT OF YOUR SEWER LATERAL.
Street Sweeping Schedule for FY 2014-15
The WATER DIVISION is responsible for the production, treatment and distribution of potable water to the residents and businesses of the City.