The City of South Pasadena’s top priority is the health and safety of our community as the situation around the coronavirus continues to evolve.
Our City team are regularly engaged with public health officials, partnering jurisdictions as well as state and federal agencies and taking proactive steps to ensure the City is prepared and ready to implement recommend prevention strategies to effectively protect the public.
The City will continue to assess the situation and may make additional changes as needed. Several city services can still be accessed virtually or via phone.
What's Open and What's Closed-UPDATED MAY 13
Facility closed to the public, hours of operation Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 6pm
Contact: Tamara Binns
City Clerk Division
626-403-7230 (voicemail only), Monday - Thursday 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Public Records Act submissions: https://www.southpasadenaca.gov/government/departments/city-clerk/public-records-request.
- Claim submissions:
For more information on submitting a claim, visit our claims page.
Planning and Community Development
Contact: Elaine Serrano or Joan Aguado
Services Available: Planning applications, film permits, plan check applications, permit issuance, building inspections, code enforcement and long-range planning.
Economic development activities, including film permits, public art administration, General Plan Update, Downtown Specific Plan, Housing Element, Economic Development Strategic Plan.
*Building and Code Enforcement: During the pandemic, building inspections and code inspections will be conducted on non-occupied buildings only.
Contact: Leaonna DeWitt
Public Works Engineering and Administration: 626-403-7240
Services Available:Public Works Engineering, Administration, Public Works Plan Check, Public Works Permits, Public Works Inspections, and general Public Works inquires.
- Public Works inspections will continue while City Hall is closed to the public. In an effort to keep everyone healthy, please respect a minimum of 6’ to 10’ social distancing with inspectors in the field.
- Public Works Staff continue to provide standby services after-hours and on weekends.
Contact: Reyna Salazar-Martin
Service Requests at the PW Service Yard: 626-403-7370
Contact: Anteneh Tesfaye
Note from Water Divison:
- During this time, there will be no water shutoffs and late fees will be delayed.
- Water is safe to drink and there is plenty of water available.
Contact: Arpy Kasparian
Services Available: Water Conservation, Sustainability, Green Action Plan and Rebate Programs.
- Information regarding environmental programs and water conservation rebates are on the City’s website and applications can be processed electronically.
Closed to the public until further notice
Contact: Sean Faye
626-403-7330, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact: Fire Chief Paul Riddle
911 for emergencies
626-403-7300 – non-emergency
Services Available: 24/7 Emergency response services. Fire inspection during regular business hours
911 for emergencies
626-403-7270 – non-emergency
Front counter to the Police Department is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Residents are encouraged to file reports via the telephone or use the online portal.
- Fingerprinting services and citation corrections have been suspended until further notice.
- Vehicle releases are handled as normal at the front counter. However, citation corrections are not being conducted as courts are closed. The CHP Altadena station (2130 Windsor Avenue, Altadena) are still processing them for free. They can be reached at 626-296-8100.
- Public Records Request are still handled as they were prior to the closures.
- Overnight parking enforcement has been suspended until June 15, 2020.
Contacts: Alex Legaspi or Eric Corona
626-403-7360, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Services Available: Senior Lunch Program, and Dial-A-Rider services
Contacts: Israel Suarez or Angela Loera
626-403-7368, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Drivers are delivering lunches as well as taking passenger to medical appointments, grocery stores, banks and the pharmacy.
Contacts: Katrina Faulmino, Anthony Berumen and Antonio Villalobos
- Parks are open but playgrounds, tennis courts, dog park, skate park, and all indoor facilities are closed.
- Walking/jogging through the parks is permitted