Water Bill Updates

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

South Pasadena water customers will soon be served by a new billing company, Munibilling, after the sudden closure of Fathom (formerly Global Water). The City Council approved the new contract Wednesday, Nov. 20.

There will be no change in the rates charged to customers and no interruption in water service.

South Pasadena operates its own water utility staffed by City employees, but contracts for billing services. We were only notified last week that Fathom was ceasing its business operations at the end of November. It was unfortunate that Fathom chose to wait until the 11th hour to inform us they were closing. However, we were able to quickly find a qualified new vendor. We anticipate a smooth transition as Munibilling steps in.

Water Bill FAQ

Do I have to cancel my autopay with Fathom? 
You do not have to cancel your autopay with Fathom. This information will be automatically cancelled as of November 30, 2019. If your payment was drafted it should transfer to the new system. Please keep proof of payment for your records. 

What if I already paid my bill?
If you already paid your bill through Fathom your next bill should indicate you’ve paid. If for any reason the balance does not show paid on your next bill, please hang on to your proof of payment. Note: As a result of this transition, no late penalties will be assessed for 30 days. 
I haven’t received my bill. I don’t want my water to be shutoff. 
There will be no water shutoffs through the end of the calendar year as the City transitions to the new billing company.  
Where should I pay my bill?
Payments can temporarily be made by mailing a check to South Pasadena City Hall attn. Finance Department, 1414 Mission St. South Pasadena 91030, or in person at City Hall (checks and credit cards accepted). Once MuniBilling is fully operational, payments will also be accepted electronically. 
Will my Autopay automatically transfer to the new company?
No, you will have to re-enter your information onto MuniBilling’s platform. There will be links to their platform provided on the City Website once MuniBilling’s system is up and running.  
Who do I call with questions about my bill?
During the transition the City will provide answers to your questions related to your bill (626) 403-7250. Once the transition is complete, MuniBilling will handle customer care. A phone number will be provided on the payment website and on the billing statement. 

For water emergencies after hours or on holidays, please call South Pasadena Police Department Dispatch at (626) 403-7297.