To remember the past, equip the present, and envision the future.
A welcoming gathering place in our community to build connections, support creativity, and encourage learning.
- The Library was founded on September 10, 1895 and is governed by the Library Board of Trustees whose members are appointed by the City Council.
- The first library building was built in 1907 and was then expanded on the current site in 1930.
- In 1982 the Library was expanded again. With the support of the community, much of the historic building was preserved including the interior and exterior of the original library’s Reading Room and is used as the Community Room today.
- The Library's existing square footage is 24,500 square feet.
- The collection size is approximately 120,000 titles in a variety of formats. In 2016-17, the Library circulated more than 340,000 items and had over 233,000 visits.
- The Library is open 57 hours per week, 7 days a week for a total of more than 2,900 public service hours per year.
- The Library has free high speed WiFi and computer workstations designated for children, teens, and adults.